Hi there, I’m Vince. You’re probably here to see my strategy work, but before you go any further it’s best you understand who I am…
In the past I’ve been described as everything from an incorrigible little shit, to a loveable larrikin; to be honest I’m pretty proud of that spectrum.
Important people like Rob Dougan, and Ben Clare say, “Vince is relentlessly curious, ever challenging, full of energy, and willing to dabble in the right amount of creative risk”. Meet me and you can make up your own mind.
My experience: I’ve got three years in a management consultancy behind me, as well as three years advertising strategy in a full service.
I’ve just crossed the threshold into a creative account planner role at BBDO, and am very excited by this.
My approach to strategy is human beings + mischeif. My approach to data is to avoid regress to the mean at all costs. I’m more of a not so sensible but inherently rational outcome kinda guy. I don’t think ideas are confined to channel sized boxes.
Clients I’ve worked on include, but aren’t limited to; Mars, Commbank, Avis, Budget Car Rentals, Colonial First State, Pfizer, Australian Bananas, Yellowtail Wine, Peter Lehmann, Snackbrands, Stockland, Specialty Fashion Group and more.
In life outside advertising I do things like paint space orks, eat steak and read.
I hope you like my work, I usually hate it; but I’m always happy to chat with anyone about strategy, or to help them get into the field.
Awards I’ve bagged (C’mon it’s early guys!):
• Finalist, Spikes Asia Festival of Creativity 2019
• Silver, Cannes - Young Lions Competition 2019
• Finalist, Cannes - Young Lions Competition 2019
• Winner, 1st overall (Top Dog) Miami Ad School 2018
• Winner Big Mobile Agency Creative Format Competition 2018
• 1st Place - Beers and Ideas 2017 (Australian Bananas - Content Strategy)
• Peoples Choice Award - Beers and Ideas 2017 (Australian Bananas - Content Strategy)
• 2nd Place - Beers and Ideas 2016 (Australian Avocado's - Perfect Match)•
• Peoples Choice Award - Beers and Ideas 2016 (Australian Avocado's - Perfect Match)•
• Finalist - BE Fest 2016 "Best use of a small budget" (Australian Bananas - Peel Reel)
Australian Facebook performance report 16-
• Ranked number 1 Aus in Beer/Wine/Cider category
• Ranked number 1 Aus in Share of Engagement (Beer/Wine/Cider category)
• Ranked number 1 Aus in Average Engagements (Beer/Wine/Cider category)
• Ranked 27 Aus by Engagement (all brand categories – excl Media)
• Ranked 20 Aus by #Fans (all categories)
Cheers - Vince